Am 29.06.2018 um 16:37 schrieb Thorsten Engler:
> The specific functions that implement an interface get baked into the class
> at the moment when the interface is defined as part of the class. This
> results in important differences in behaviour, depending if methods (in the
> class) are defined as virtual or not, and if a derived class redeclares an
> interface already declared on an ancestor or not.
Okay, then why does the calling convention change matters so much?

Maybe a COM/CORBA thing? COM interface methods can't logically not be virtual,
and the kind of code from my example has always worked (for me!) in FPC.

I am confused. Which sorta ties in to the whole "surprises" thing from before we
hijacked this thread...

Martok