On Mon, 11 Mar 2019, Bart wrote:

On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 4:03 PM Michael Van Canneyt
<mich...@freepascal.org> wrote:

Sorry to hear this.
That was certainly not my intention, on the contrary: I am glad to see that
someone takes the time to look at some of these bugs in earnest.

Thanks.

From my perspective: the public API is all that matters.
There I would opt for overloads that accept unicodestring.

I can work on that.

Great, thank you.

Probably because no-one in his right mind uses TRegIniFile ?
+1

TRegIniFile is a component from Delphi 1 or 2, to facilitate the transfer
from ini -> registry which was relevant in 1995 or thereabouts.

Maybe we should simply ditch it, or move it to a separate unit and mark it
deprecated.

I agree.

To keep things simple: A unit reginifile ?