Two final things:

A) I didn't really make this thread with to imply I necessarily wanted
*someone else* to implement this. What I ultimately was trying to figure
out is basically would I be wasting my time if I was able to implement this
on my own, probably under a new modeswitch (maybe {$modeswitch
TypedPointerParams} or something.)

B) I was looking at some output from FPC's "-vp" flag today, and it's
pretty clear that the compiler is already perfectly capable of knowing
exactly what "^Type" means in all cases, because *all* pointer type aliases
in that output are literally desugared to "^Type".