I guess that's the consequence of Microsoft Visual C++ having such a large market share.

Gareth aka. Kit

On 08/11/2019 14:55, Ben Grasset via fpc-devel wrote:
On Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 8:28 AM J. Gareth Moreton <gar...@moreton-family.com <mailto:gar...@moreton-family.com>> wrote:

    The large binary sizes feel like an elephant
    in the room that no-one talks about.

Relatively speaking, FPC actually does very well as far as binary size for a language that specifically aims to have robust RTTI functionality. C++ binaries are often small simply because because it's quite normal in C++ to build with both exception handling and RTTI disabled entirely, for example.

Against basically anything else FPC generally comes out significantly smaller, though. Ever seen the size of a Go binary? Or a Rust binary? Even their Helllo Worlds are non-trivially larger than FPC's.

So I think no one talks about it essentially because FPC binaries are already exactly the size they logically should be, given the general goals of the language / compiler.