Op 18-02-2020 om 23:04 schreef J. Gareth Moreton:
It seems that not all regressions are caught when you run the test suite conventionally, and you have to specify additional options like "-O4", which may cause other failures to occur if a test is not expecting any kind of intense optimisation, for example.  In response, over here at https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=36687, I've introduced two new tests that are copies of the ones that failed, but which explicitly add -O4 to the default compiler options.

In fact, *all* test should succeed with an option like -O4. So, following your approach we have to add copies for all tests, with all possible combination of compiler-options. That's undo-able and that is why this isn't done.

So when you are working on optimizations, it might be a good idea to run the complete test-suite with optimizations enabled (-O4) on your local system.

We also realize that it is undo-able to test with all optimization-settings, but to make our live easier, there are nightly (daily) tests with all sort of options. You can find the results here:

https://www.freepascal.org/testsuite/cgi-bin/testsuite.cgi

For example, the latest x86_64-linux run with -O4:
https://www.freepascal.org/testsuite/cgi-bin/testsuite.cgi?run1id=488056&run2id=&previousrunid=487938&failedonly=1&action=Show%2FCompare

Regards,

Joost.