Probably not your issue - but, if you have Avasta Anti-Virus - it can
foobar Lazarus and Delphi console apps - where the Console is showing, but
you cannot find it. Not on Taskbar, not in TaskList, etc. If you put an
exclusion on your binary folder, then it works. Took me about 2 days to
figure this out.