Excellent, thank you.

Gareth aka. Kit

On 14/05/2021 07:03, Michael Van Canneyt via fpc-devel wrote:

On Fri, 14 May 2021, J. Gareth Moreton via fpc-devel wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm back to working on the x86_64 implementations of FillWord, FillDWord and FillQWord again due to demand from a couple of end users.

One question I do have though, because the documentation doesn't bring it up... must the functions be able to handle memory that isn't aligned to their respective sizes? That is, should FillWord handle memory that's not aligned to 2 bytes etc? I would be grateful for an answer, because if I'm allowed to assume the memory is at least aligned to the size boundary, I can greatly simplify my assembly language.

There should be no limitations on on alignment. These functions can accept
any address.