That is indeed the case, yes - thanks for pointing it out (it also sets the zero flag if the register's final value is zero). In most cases, the code generator doesn't produce assembly language that uses the flags directly from SHR - instead it uses CMP and TEST instructions for that, which are only optimised out in the post-peephole stage.  Nevertheless, the existing optimisation does check to see if the FLAGS register is in use or not for safety.

That aside, might the memory alignment cause performance problems?

Gareth aka. Kit