This is an interesting idea indeed.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/343322212_Automatic_Code_Optimization_With_Machine_Learning_And_Combinatorial_Optimization

https://www.ijresm.com/Vol.2_2019/Vol2_Iss4_April19/IJRESM_V2_I4_149.pdf  -
Compiler Optimization using Artificial Intelligence

https://arxiv.org/pdf/2110.09610.pdf -  A Survey on Machine Learning
Techniques for Source Code Analysis

https://openreview.net/forum?id=SKat5ZX5RET - Self-Programming Artificial
Intelligence Using Code-Generating Language Models

The above links might give ideas for some googling.