On 28/11/2022 16:19, J. Gareth Moreton via fpc-devel wrote:
I admit I can be disorganised sometimes and lose documents, so I apologise if you have sent them already and I mislaid them in my mess of a directory tree.  Believe me though, I want to swallow all of this up if it means squeezing out every cycle I can out of the generated machine code!

Curious to know... at which point did it become favourable to do a 32-byte align rather than a 16-byte align on x86 processors? Should the compiler start favouring 32-byte aligns for loops, say?

https://www.agner.org/optimize/optimizing_assembly.pdf

"11.3μop cache"

I couldn't find the 32byte align in that doc though. I must have picked that up elsewhere. (I think).