Op 26/12/2023 om 19:53 schreef Michael Van Canneyt via fpc-devel:

If you say so.   It is still ambiguous though, even if most common cases can disambiguated.   (a.b.c.d is either symbol d in unit b.c  or field d in structure type c in unit b), which is why I didn't favor it.

Can you explain what the exact problem is with system.uitypes other than
that the description file was not included in the build project xml ?

It was that mostly, I retested it, but missed that you hadn't committed that.

I built the docs with it and it is as complete as can be expected. All works as it is supposed to work, links and all.

But not everything is ok.

- The short description in the overview (#rtl) page still doesn't appear ,

-  the unit description seems to be replaced by some copyright text rather than the description in the XML

I'll see if I can play with that.

I removed it again from the build project (commented out the relevant
entries), since the xml file is horribly incomplete, and we only include completed units in the docs.

Maybe that is a good  policy in the general case, but with core types as TColor and -Rec  that hinders lazarus.