Am 26.09.2012 17:56, schrieb Cephas Atheos:
On 27/09/12 1:11 AM, "Sven Barth" <pascaldra...@googlemail.com> wrote:

This (although I'm mostly using URL completion for it...) and the
following:
* http://wiki.freepascal.org/
* http://www.freepascal.org/docs.var
* ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/snapshot/trunk/
* http://bugs.freepascal.org

Oh, Sven, Sven, SvenÅ  I absolutely agree that those are really useful
pages. But not one of them says "Download Here" (flashing the "Here", of
course! :))

Well... you asked what _we_ would want to see. Most of the people here are developers, some of them even core developers, so such answers were expectable. And I was fully aware that this wasn't the answer you hoped for ;)

Btw: Do you know where this "S" with accent comes from? I have noticed this in nearly every mail of you already.

Again, think new, novice user. They're probably smart enough to know how
to configure their browser to download to a known location on their system
(that goes without saying for linux users, but not necessarily windows or
Mac users), and they should know the difference between a compiler and an
ide. But not everyone is going to know or care about daily builds,
patches, trunks, and fixes. They're going to say "Hey, you promised me a
programming language. What's FTP got to do with it?"

Regarding the difference between compiler and IDE I can tell you that there are many people (even Delphi developers or rather especially those) that don't know the difference between the two or more concrete the difference between Lazarus and FPC.

Regards,
Sven