Am 25.05.2017 um 21:29 schrieb Graeme Geldenhuys:

> So what is Florian going on about regarding workflow and Git not being able
> to cope in a "compiler"
> based project? He made it out as if FPC will not be workable in a Git managed
> environment. I don't
> see his analogy. The Linux Kernel running on more platforms than FPC does, is
> just as complex a
> beast,

It is not complex in the sense Nikolay described.

>   I see no proof to
>   convince me otherwise
> - a compiler is just a complex project.
>   Nothing "special" as he claimed it to be.

See, this is the reason why I do not believe you. You simply cannot understand
the problems of a
compiler project which requires small linear steps which can be easily reviewed.

And it seems LLVM likes this small steps as well:
http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2011-July/041781.html