Am 04.07.20 um 23:20 schrieb Marco van de Voort:

Op 2020-07-04 om 23:14 schreef Sven Barth via fpc-other:

Here is an interesting article by a ex-windows boss. He thinks that in a few years even desktops will be ARM and Intel will be residual. And obviously it will be a mayor problem to Microsoft, whose software is very tied to Intel platform.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/ex-windows-boss-apples-arm-based-mac-will-be-the-ultimate-developer-pc/

Windows 10 nowadays supports both ARM and ARM64, so I see no problem there.

And it is from Sinofsky, who is considered to be good in the tech department, but bad in the visionary department (he was resposible for the tanked Windows 8 "vision", and Microsofts failed ventures in the phone and tablet world)

I stopped taking it serious when I read "iPad", "work" and "touch" in combination. While I have a current iPad, it is still no more than a better ebook, pdf and web page reader for me. Even answering mails works that bad that I prefer typically to wait till I have a real keyboard to type it.