On 4/22/23 10:16 PM, Steve Litt via fpc-other wrote:
Hi all,

I was kick-banned from #pascal . See the following:

* ChanServ gives channel operator status to Joanna
* Joanna sets ban on $a:Stevelitt
* You have been kicked from #pascal by Joanna (slander and harrassment)

I said nothing about Joanna on #irc or #pascal, so she's basing it on
what I said on fpc-other. You guys have read what I said. Did that
sound like slander and harassment to you? To me it sounded like an
honest critique of her moderation practices.

she apparently needs a lesson in English and law... none of what i have seen that you have written qualifies, by definition, as slander and certainly not harassment...

from the Oxford Dictionary:
"slander: somebody/something to make a false spoken statement about somebody that is intended to damage the good opinion that people have of them."

i've seen no false statements made about her.

from the Oxford Dictionary:
"harassment: 1. the act of annoying or worrying somebody by putting pressure on them or saying or doing unpleasant things to them.
2. the act of making repeated attacks on an enemy."

i've seen no "pressure" being put on her, no repeated attacks, and certainly nothing defining her as an "enemy"...

IANAL but it certainly appears that she is reaching quite far to justify her actions... if anything, it would appear that she is slandering you by her statement that you are slandering and harassing her...

I had thought that Joanna meant it when she said she'd step down from
her operator status at #fpc to allow for somebody else to take that
over, and I thought we were all going to be happy, but obviously I was
wrong.

i didn't see her say that she was stepping down... what i saw was her saying that she was giving up whatever rights she thought she had to the public and accessible _ban list_...

the fact that she is using statements made elsewhere to justify her actions in some IRC channels that she moderates raises quite a number of red flags... red flags that should maybe be taken to that IRC network's admins if anyone cares to really do something about them...