> See also http://www.stack.nl/~marcov/buildfaq.pdf for some pointers about
> building the FPC cvs.
Thank you for the tutorial, it helped me a lot. It was exciting to see the
compiler building process on the screen :-) So now I have a 1.9.1 for i386
Linux!
I have encountered a problem when doing a "make all" from the cvs tree
(checked out yesterday) that maybe is worth mentioning:
when compiling pipes.pp i've got an  error in pipes.inc
(/usr/local/src/fpc/devel/fpc/fcl/unix/pipes.inc)
got longint expected boolean

Uses
{$ifdef ver1_0}
  Linux
{$else}
  Unix
{$endif}
  ;

Function CreatePipeHandles (Var Inhandle,OutHandle : Longint) : Boolean;

begin
  Result := AssignPipe (Inhandle,OutHandle);
end;

{
  $Log: pipes.inc,v $
  Revision 1.5  2002/09/07 15:15:29  peter
    * old logs removed and tabs fixed

}

I did a simple typecast:
Result := Boolean(AssignPipe (Inhandle,OutHandle));
and all went well in the next "make all"

Hope I didn't broke something else with this typecast.

Thank you again for all the help. Hope to be able to make up some day with a
humble contribution to the project. :-)
Btw I was thinking about beginning a port of the JUnit testing framework to
Free Pascal, as I'm no longer feeling safe without a unit testing net when
programming. Could it be interesting? Or it's been already done?

Ciao, Dean