----- Original Message -----
From: "Agustin Barto" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2004 7:59 PM
Subject: Re: [fpc-pascal]Math/Algebra Unit for FreePascal

> 1) Using proprietary software to build scientific applications (like
> in my case) is just wrong. You never know what there might be
> happening "under the hood". And you are bound to licenses and EULAS
> that are designed to avoid any kind of responsability of the software
> maker.

I doubt you know what happens "under the hood" of free pascal.

Though you do have a little point here... In case you ever find a problem
with free pascal people in this mailing list might be able to help you
faster than the delphi developers ;)

Also I believe the free pascal source code is fully available so you might
look at specific parts ;)

> 2) There is a Delphi personal edition. It's being sold for usd 100.
> I'm not going to pay usd 100 for a software license that tells me what
> can o can't do with it. I rather donate that money to an free software
> project or a local charity.

I believe there is a free delphi version somewhere ;)

Open source usually have licenses as well which tell you what you can and
can't do.

> 3) Everytime I have to boot on Windows I feel like a little part of me
> dies. Everytime time Windows hags that little part goes to Hell and
> says "hi" to Bill Gates.

Lol.

I think Delphi and Windows are well tested and a excellent choice for any
type of application =D