Peter Vreman schrieb:
I took a look at the MM and found that this test is not representative at
all. At least in the FPC MM it triggers only a single code path for
Reallocmem. And that code path is even the fastest for a
not-in-place-reallocation. And looking at the (unmaintable) FastMM4
sources i guess that the FPC code path is even shorter.

Also i don't know why you make the remark "(and it reports memory leeks)".
FPC already supports that for years with the heaptrc units. And with
compiling with debug info and adding the lineinfo you get output with
source information.

please forget the remark - after more than 20 years of tp and delphi I am starting with fpc - and i havn't learned yet all the things that are possible with fpc, which are not possible with delphi.