> Conclusion: never call any parameter of any procedure or function exactly
> like any property of any class and its ancestors. So far I thought,
> parameter names of functions and procedures are always local, i.e. valid
> for this function or procedure block only. Is this a bug or feature of FPC
> vs. Delphi?

I've seen this before while doing ports from delphi to freepascal. What I did,
just
to get it quickly working,  was use the underscore, although a bit messy
looking:

  function SubstringData(const Offset, Count_: Integer): WideString; virtual;

  procedure ReplaceData(const Offset, Count_: Integer) ...

or