Okay so we have to now consider these points:
 1. interpreted languages can take up less memory if engineered right (says
Florian)
 2. compilation and linking is a hassle - compared to shipping or uploading an
interpreted
file
 3. speed - not a big deal. Hardware cheap enough.
 4. size - shipping an interpreted file usually smaller than exe/elf
 5. uploading - uploading a 30K script file on a 56k modem is easier than
uploading a 5MB
binary

What advantage of compilation? There must be something.

I know Microsoft use to love compiling those EXE's because you couldn't see the
source
code to the EXE's.
Is this the advantage of FPC? That we can hide our sources?

:-)