> > debugger, fine. However do not blame your dislike of the Delphi debugger
on
> > your personal debugging preferences. I've been using Delphi commercially
> > since 1998, or there abouts, and the debugger is perfectly acceptable.
The

> So can you confirm that looking at variables that are "up the stack" does
> not work for you as well?

Was is supposed to work? I can't say that is does because I don't generally
debug that way. As I said, you blame the debugger when, in fact, it is the
style of debugging you employ that is causing you problems. Delphi promotes
a break often style of debugging. Utilise the call stack to trace the code
path, but set break points to inspect variables. This is how I have always
worked and this is how I feel comfortable working. F7/F8/F9, the
Evaluate/Modify and the call stack is all that is needed.

> > debugger is the thing I always miss in other IDE's, especially VS.NET
2003.

> Hmm, from what I've heard, the debugger in Visual Studio (6?) is *way*
more
> advanced than the one in BCB, and that one's better than Delphi's. I don't
> assume they've removed the debugger from 2003 ?

It is sloooow as hell to step through code. Slooooooower on a PDA for
example.