On 17 Jul 2006 at 21:12, Florian Klaempfl  wrote:

> I'am currently thinking about implementing OpenMP support in FPC.
> However, there is currently (to my knowledge) no pascal syntax defined
> for OpenMp support. Do you think we can find a common syntax to simplify
> things for users? I've some ideas how it be done, but I want to hear
> other ideas first so they are maybe better if they aren't influenced by
> my ideas :)

The only suggestion that I have may be not very useful and may be very
obvious - but here goes anyway. Please make the interface as simple
(read "high level") as possible, providing high level wrappers for low
level routines if necessary. In many cases, writing Pascal interfaces
to C libraries often produces something that is no easier to use than
the original C interface, and for which one might as well use gcc.

Best regards, The Chief
--------
Prof. Abimbola A. Olowofoyeku (The African Chief)
web:  http://www.greatchief.plus.com/