> Marco van de Voort wrote:
> > Philosophically saying, that would enter the programmer into a purely
> > consumer relation with the OS. Which isn't the case in OSS, since there is
> > shared responsibility by all users, nobody excluded.
>
> You hit the point, except that it _is_ becoming the case with Linux
> distributed by companies who provide support to their users. ;-) FPC
> installer shouldn't make assumptions about the type of user (consumer or
> OSS geek), because both exist nowadays.

Incorrect, and I don't see what an OSS geek is supposed to be.

I/We don't have a consumer relation with what you call consumers. Those
distro's that pocketed the cash have.

That is not that I'm against decent release building, but there is a
tradeoff here, and one that is aggrevated due to use of several installer
and hierarchy conventions.