Michael Van Canneyt schreef:

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006, Vinzent Hoefler wrote:

On Wednesday 26 July 2006 08:17, Micha Nelissen wrote:
Vinzent Hoefler wrote:
Well, I just added some stuff there, yesterday. It's far from being
complete yet (it just covers a basic "parallel" construct), nor is
it really thought through yet, but well, it might be a start;
something to begin with.

Any suggestions are welcome, of course.
Does parallel mean all the statements in the block can be executed in
parallel, or that multiple copies of the block of statements can be
started in parallel ?
The latter.

Which is why I think that it's better to have them as local functions,
instead of having to introduce a lot of new functions.

Local functions are very pascal-ish. C doesn't have it, which is why they can't
use it.
Let's use the language features to their full extent.

I added an example with nested procedures.

Vincent