> On Tue, 3 Oct 2006, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:

> At my company, we still have a huge number of clients running Windows
> 95, who protest loudly when we even _suggest_ upgrading.
>
> Which is not to say that we should not look at a .NET port of FPC, but
> this is not very high on the priority list. After all, .NET offers no
> advantages by itself.

IMHO it would be better to start over legacy free for .NET and really target
the .NET/JVM/LLVM platform 100%.

I think that single source combinations are already all gone by the time we
would enter production with a .NET port. And even if, a single source system
would put a break too much on the mutual development.

See e.g. Borland, the native port is at a virtual standstill, the only thing
they do is incorporate other peoples source (FastCode) and backport .NET
specific language features that are meaninless in native mode.