Neil Graham a écrit :

I'd recommend saying fullscreen in at least 640x480, 800x600 _OR_ 1024x768.

If you are using 3d style rendering then resolution changes are not much of an issue. But if you are going for 2d and bitmap effects, often the best results come from designing for a particular resolution. When it comes down to it, the actual numbers of the resolution are nott that important. It's how it looks that matters.
If you design for a particular resolution, then you can change the scale. Even a 640x480 upscaled to 1024*768 is ok to me, or a perfect anim in 1024*768 that is far less pretty in 640*480. I just ask at least 3 settings ;o) (I'd to print them on some displays that support only one of the three)

Maybe this'll even get me off my butt enough to tidy up my libs enough for a release.
This is one of the goal of the contest... ;o)
--
Marc