At 18:37 11-8-2007, you wrote:
Peter Vreman wrote:
I got the following error message:

Unknown name/value pair in compiler section : unittargetdir
Unknown name/value pair in clean section : files

Which is:
unittargetdir=./units/$(CPU_TARGET)-$(OS_TARGET)
files=$(wildcard ./units/$(CPU_TARGET)-$(OS_TARGET)/*$(OEXT)) \
     $(wildcard ./units/$(CPU_TARGET)-$(OS_TARGET)/*$(PPUEXT)) \
     $(wildcard ./units/$(CPU_TARGET)-$(OS_TARGET)/*$(RSTEXT))

I suspect its something about the target macro's. What is your opinion? Can we implement something for these macro's? I have an idea already but would like to pass it trough you first, if that is ok with you.

That files line should not be necessary anymore. fpmake knows that .o/.ppu/.rst files are generated for units and needs to be clean. You only need to supply the unit names. But this part is still not 100% finished with things like implicit build units.
I'm with you, but fppkg keeps failing on the conversion of the macro's, which should be fixed imho. The question now is how.

The convertmk is only a helper. It will never support 100% conversion. The macro and function support is one of those things that will not be supported.

But as you have already found out with the fpc execution the tool is still in (stalled) development.
Another reason why usage for non FPC projects should be supported ;) Increasing the usage will expose a lot of bugs and missing features which is good.

The main purpose for fppkg will be that all projects that want to distribute fpc units and execuatbles will be supported and produce a standard package that can be distributed from a web repository for easy downloading and installation.

The poNoConsole patch is applied.
Thanks, although I still not understand why I had to remove the option.

I also don't know, but the latest fppkg features were only tested under linux and not under windows.

Peter