Jilani Khaldi schrieb:
Hi All,
just curious about the D language (http://www.digitalmars.com/d/index.html), I read some articles on the site, downloaded the compiler... and wrote some little examples. Well, many of the things that the author presented as new and hot features are already present in Turbo Pascal or in Delphi for a decade (objects by reference, strings...).
oh D has more interesting things for a compiled language:
 - dynamic closures or delegates to nested functions
 - lazy evaluation
 - template mixins
 - garbage collection

I am not sure if all these things are really useful - but it looks interesting. especially the delegates stuff.

What I don't understand is, that they haven't changed the idiotic switch statement.

cheers,

Adrian.