Hi,

Please take a look at the following discussion on this bug report:

http://www.freepascal.org/mantis/view.php?id=10165

The question is very simple. Suppose a trivial data-aware application
with a DBNavigator and a number of DBEdits. The following steps:

1 - Click insert on the DBNavigator

2 - Add some text to the DBEdits

3 - Click insert again on the DBNavigator

Now, what should happen? Should the first inserted record be persisted or lost?

I don't know how to use any other database method on my TurboDelphi
except ADO, and there this works.

Does anyone know if this should actually work, or if this just works
with ADO and shouldn't work with any other dataset?

The question is relevant to fpc because some fpc datasets don't allow
the 3 steps above and I already saw the data be inserted in the wrong
order, or even simply lost.

thanks,
--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho