On 21/01/2008, Vinzent Höfler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm breaking my own promise and replying again... :)

> > I hope this will be my last reply.  Please take a look at the flash
> > video on the ET website.
>
> I don't have flash, so I am bound to check out the Java example.

Ask a friend, it's worth seeing..

> > There he uses two editors (gvim and gedit).
>
> With appropriate plugins/scripts, I suppose.

I guess, though his gedit plugin doesn't work with the latest gedit
anymore. It seems gedit changed some or other API call (what I can
gather from the console output error message).

> Yes, that's what I figured. What I don't get is how the editor extracts
> the information _back_ from the file after the "tabstop" information has
> been deleted (that's what it does once it gets replaced with spaces).

I don't know! It just does!  :-)  Actually on a serious note, it uses
pixel calculations based on the ET parameters you can specify:
MinimumWidth, PaddingWidth etc...  When viewed with a ET enabled
editor, the text might shift by a few pixels (not spaces) but all
alignment will still be intact. It's just that clever!  :)

Regards,
  - Graeme -