Mattias Gaertner wrote:
I would like to create a shot overview of the code quality of
FPC. Please help to complete the list:

Under i386 code size and speed is similar to Delphi and gcc (except
for some synthetic benchmarks).

Under x86_64 pentium code size and speed is similar to gcc (exc...).

Under x86_64 amd code size and speed is similar to D and not that far
away from gcc (exc...).

Under arm code size and speed is similar to  ? (exc...).

Under powerpc code size and speed is similar to  ? (exc...).

Under sparc code size and speed is similar to  ? (exc...).

I'm running i386 and SPARC, but in general am not being particularly thorough in removing symbols etc.

Do you have a specific test project to use as a benchmark, i.e. that I can compile and report it takes X bytes on disc and ps/top reports Y/Z about it?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk