On 03 Nov 2008, at 01:06, Terry Kemp wrote:

I'm getting a runtime error 231 when starting program on arm.
Stems from ANSI2WIDEMOVE in cwstring.pp returning ESysEBADF (9).

Do I need to define something on arm for widestrings?

Run time error 231 in the unix wide string manager means that iconv returned an unexpected error code (in the sens that it's not supported by the code in the cwstring unit). Since you already compiled the cwstring unit with debug information, you can step into it (or set a breakpoint) and see what the error code is (or just add a writeln). Once you find out, it'll probably be easier to figure out what the problem is.

Jonas