On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 2:40 PM, Ingemar Ragnemalm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> So the KDE and Gnome projects are language-locked?

Yes, they are.

> (How? Surely users don't select software by language?

Users don't care, but they usually use what comes with their distro
and window manager, so if KDE comes with a bunch of software they will
use it instead of looking for alternatives.

> Or are the distros incomplete, FPC-wise?

distributions are not the same thing as window manager.

Distributions are much more flexible language-wise, but they tend to
package whatever comes with the window manager.

It would also be possible to build a distribution instead of a window
manager, but I'm usually into writing code, as opposed to setting
things up, so building a distribution doesn't seam a lot of fun to me
=)

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho