On 06 Dec 2008, at 23:32, Prince Riley wrote:

After reading the manuals I see that FP uses the GNU tools as back- ends and
they support ARM ... but it that the extent of the support here.
For example, the ASM directive in FP targets the IA33 processor
semantics/syntax ...not ARM ..

I guess you mean IA32 rather than IA33. Anyway, FPC is always compiled with support for creating code for one single cpu architecture. The currently supported ones are i386 (=IA32), x86_64, powerpc (32 bit), powerpc64, sparc and ARM. Apart from generating code for one such architecture, every such compiler can also only parse assembler code written for that same architecture (since there is no way the compiler can translate assembler code written for one architecture into assembler code for another architecture).

I am not opposed to working up the missing pieces if that's necessary, but
before beginning that work, I wanted to check with the group and see
if anyone had already started down this road and if so how far along have
you gotten ?

ARM support works fairly well (except for EABI support, which still has some bugs).

Jonas