Sorry, I think you are mistaken.. I did ask which ARM Architecture and if
you follow the thread back you'll see I even gave examples of what the
assembler options were for ARM

Here is the text of that post ....

Thanks for that reply ... and yes I meant IA32

A few additional points if I may ..

When you say the FP supports the ARM architecture my specific question is
how does FP 'inform' *the GNU assembler back end of which ARM architecture
is intended ..*.

The following is just a snippet from the GNU Assembler manual showing the
ARM processor option codes ...

-mcpu=processor[+extension...]
This option speci es the target processor. The assembler will issue an error
message if an
attempt is made to assemble an instruction which will not execute on the
target processor. The
following processor names are recognized: arm1, arm2, arm250, arm3, arm6,
arm60, arm600,
arm610, arm620, arm7, arm7m, arm7d, arm7dm, arm7di, arm7dmi, arm70, arm700,
arm700i, arm710, arm710t, arm720, arm720t, arm740t, arm710c, arm7100,
arm7500,
arm7500fe, arm7t, arm7tdmi, arm8, arm810, strongarm, strongarm1,
strongarm110,
strongarm1100, strongarm1110, arm9, arm920, arm920t, arm922t, arm940t,
arm9tdmi, arm9e, arm946e-r0, arm946e, arm966e-r0, arm966e, arm10t, arm10e,
arm1020, arm1020t, arm1020e, ep9312 (ARM920 with Cirrus Maverick
coprocessor),
i80200 (Intel XScale processor) iwmmxt (Intel(r) XScale processor with
Wireless MMX(tm)
technology coprocessor) and xscale. The special name all may be used to
allow the
assembler to accept instructions valid for any ARM processor.
In addition to the basic instruction set, the assembler can be told to
accept various extension
mnemonics that extend the processor using the co-processor instruction
space. For example,
-mcpu=arm920+maverick is equivalent to specifying -mcpu=ep9312. The
following extensions
are currently supported: +maverick +iwmmxt and +xscale.

*I need to be clear on how FP specifies one of these option and how the
'assemble' directive within the FP syntax is implemented to use ARM register
and assembler sematics/syntax which the GNU Assembler assumes will be set by
the language 'front end'*

if you look at this list you'll see that ARM3,6, and 7 are among the
options.

So back then, as I have up to now, I asked which assembler code option (
meaning -- which ARM architecture --) did FP support.