So, supporting open source should be the safest choice for them. If M$ grows bigger, they can grow bigger with M$. If M$ goes down, they can still grow bigger with other platforms (linux, mac, etc).

Many years ago (when Borland was still a real competitor of M$) Borland had problems to create good compilers because they didn't have all the information about the M$ OS (while compilers from M$ had of course). I remember that some articles stated that Borland made a deal with M$ so that they will get information but on the other hand may not support other OSes (and open source). I am not sure whether that's true but it would explain the behaviour of all Delphi owners.

Jürgen Hestermann.