Mattias Gaertner wrote:
On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 16:21:45 +0100
JoshyFun <joshy...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Mark,

Saturday, December 20, 2008, 1:40:15 PM, you wrote:

MML> Already am using (*$MODE DELPHI *)

Hmmm... this should be {$MODE DELPHI} do not ? using (* *) you get a
comment, or maybe I'm wrong ?

In Delphi mode you must not need the @ for procedural assigns.

AFAIK (* *) comments are never directives in FPC.

I am very sorry but I'm afraid that is not the case.

-----8<-----
0 2>mark...@pye-dev-01:~$ cat test.pas
PROGRAM Test;

(*$NOTES ON *)
(*$NOTE This is a note. *)

BEGIN
  Write('Hello, ');
  WriteLn('World!')
END.

0 2>mark...@pye-dev-01:~$ fpc test.pas
Free Pascal Compiler version 2.2.0 [2008/11/06] for sparc
Copyright (c) 1993-2007 by Florian Klaempfl
Target OS: Linux for SPARC
Compiling test.pas
test.pas(4,3) Note: User defined: This is a note.
Assembling test
Linking test
9 lines compiled, 0.7 sec
1 note(s) issued

Apologies for my rather archaic programming style but I'm a refugee from Modula-2 and at one time I had this half-baked idea of writing code that could be easily machine-processed for both. Old habits die hard.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk