Vincent Snijders wrote:

Anybody (also Giovanni Premuda) anyone spread this all over the Lazarus site
OK, I had the wrong impression that the lazarus docs where editable only by insiders, as the main site seems to be.

So:
by posting forum messages
Done
and submitting news items
How?
, anybody (also Giovanni Premuda) can edit the Lazarus readmes and release notes on the wiki
Done, http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Installing_Lazarus#Ubuntu_.2F_Debian
anybody (also Giovanni Premuda) can request updates of the debian debs in the debian bug tracker.
I don't think this is necessary

There are no notes on sourceforge to be edited or updated, so nobody can do that.
Could be useful

Anybody (also Giovanni Premuda) can spread this everywhere else.
Done. (Ubuntu Forums)

Do you get it?
No, I would like to see this as a news item and on the FAQs on the main site.
But it looks like you are understimating the importance of this bug:

1. Potential user (i.e. potential contributor) install lazarus.
2. Potential user launches lazarus and sees an ugly interface
3. Potential user searches around and finds out that he can rebuild lazarus with GTK2 interface
4. Potential user rebuilds lazarus and... the rebuild doesn't work
5. Potential user thinks: I knew it was to good to be true
6. Potential user is neither user nor potential anymore

Servus,
Giovanni