>  > >  A plugin is the more logical route, for the ones that want to remain
> libc
>  > >  free, but want to risk maintainance problems.
>  >
>  > Like an fplocale unit, that users can include if they do not want to
>  > use clocale?
>

> Yes, I don't see a problem with that, if the quality is suitable. (read: the
>  code quality is good and multiplatform).
>
>  I won't accept a linux own package [snip]

Well, just for the fun of it, I started on an fplocale.pp unit.
But since I only have linux and windows available (and windows is
already localized by means of sysutils) it applies omly to linux now.
It is not complet yet for at least following reasons:
- I don't know if the location of (text versions) is always
/usr/share/i18n/locales/
- EscapeChar not implemented yet (just using '/' as default)

If not I need possible other locations to search (I'm not gonna search
the whole /usr/* tree to find it, this will slow down things
considerably)

For now it parses all that clocale unit does (LC_TIME, LC_MONETARY,
LC_NUMERIC), and on my system has same results, but we can add parsing
other LC_xxx categories, the template is there.

> But has an unneeded size penalty
So far approx. 220 kb size penalty.

To extend it's use I need input/help from users with other systems
that provide locale specific settings:
- FreeBSD
- MacOS classic
- MacOS X