The current .DEB lazarus-ide_0.9.26.2-0_i386.deb available from  the
Sourceforge repository reports a dependency error when I attempt to run it
on Ubuntu 8.04. The error reads, "Error: Dependency is not satisfiable:
libxi6"

What makes this vexing is the installer reports a dependency error when in
fact I checked the Ubuntu install with Synaptic and it reports that libxi6
is present and up to date.

Can anyone explain why the .DEB package is reporting a missing library when
that library is present on the Ubuntu system? Is this a version issue? Can I
just force the files onto the system and ignore this error. It appears to
be  a problem with the deb package and not the file it says is missing.