> Paul Nicholls schrieb:
I also find writable constants hand for things like this where I can define the 'variable' + values too so I don't have to set the values at run time:

But can't you do the same with a variable declaration? If you want to change the value at runtime it's definitely not a constant anymore.

Beeing able to change a typed constant was added by Borland as a "quick hack" (because constants were put into the global data segement even in function declarations) but actually its semantic is wrong. If you can change it, it has to be a variable declaration and you should not be able to change a constant.

Jürgen Hestermann