On Mon, 7 Sep 2009 12:12:42 +0200 (CEST), Michael Van Canneyt wrote
about Re: [fpc-pascal] The names of the various FPC documentation:

> On Mon, 7 Sep 2009, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
>
> > Such an "old" file-system limitation does not apply in newer OS
> > versions anymore. I must say, old habits die hard! :) I often find
> > myself naming eBooks, TV series or music with underscores instead
> > of spaces. But lately I started using actual spaces in such file
> > names as well. It simply makes them look prettier in my file
> > manager tool.
>
> I almost exclusively use the command-line, and a lot of shell
> scripts, and in that case quotes and spaces are a pain.

Indeed, quotes (") and apostrophes (') are a particular pain, as most
shells use them as meta-characters for wrapping arguments to programs.
They need to be escaped or wrapped, so that the shell ignores them and
passes them through to the underlying application program -- in this
case a PDF reader.

Dave  [RLU #314465]