> Remember, Pascal is merely a TEACHING language, unsuitable for commercial
> software development, which is why we have C.  :)

That's what I'm going to change. I've told my friends and collegemates about
Pascal superiority (suitable for any programming needs, GUI, WebApps,
Server, etc.) and they don't know about it at all because what they know is
what their teachers or lecturers say, (without any further research, of
course), and becomes a doctrine that makes Pascal look bad in their eyes.

> Yes, it is available everywhere.
> And it is easier to copy unix code then.

And harder to port it to Windows without Unix (POSIX?) environment emulation
(including headers, etc.)

> You have to configure a debian testing system and apt-get lazarus and so
> on...

you don't need lazarus just to use fpc, and I don't need that debian testing
system on my kubuntu.

> Nearly nowhere the lazarus package is preinstalled.

other popular languages are often don't come preinstalled as well.