Zitat von Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.li...@gmail.com>:

2009/10/23 Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.li...@gmail.com>:

Did you try writing with WriteBuffer(Atext[1], length(AText)?

That works exactly like I intended. Thanks Gerard.

I spoke to soon! :-(

I can view the resulting output.txt file with Midnight Commander
(Linux console file manager), but if I try and open that file with
Gnome gEdit or Lazarus IDE, it says the file does not look like a text
file and refuses to open it. :-(

It means your AText string contains special characters (#0..#8,#11,#14..#31)

How difficult could it be to write a damn text file! :-)

It's damn simple.
Use TFileStream if you want write one string.
Use a TStringList if you want to write several strings.

Mattias