Florian Klaempfl schrieb:
Holger Bruns schrieb:
I try to implement a direct port access. If this also leads to access
errors, I should give it up. Embarassing.
Accessing ports is limited to ports < 03ffh, more ports cannot be
released with fpioperm. This means to me, successful serial port access
on higher addresses cannot yet be implemented with fpc. If this policy
can be ruled out, let me know.

This has nothing to do with fpc. Maybe you should read the ioperm man
page and you might start to understand things.

I am new to linux and wrote only small things for MS-DOS before. As far as I could read on the internet, fpc uses ioperm and iopl, and I will try to use iopl to get access to the ports I want to use. The problem is indeed the rights management, as far as I can read on several web pages, which addresses my technical problem. The rights management cannot be ruled out by an application like I intend to write. But I can deal with it, I hope so far.

My posts to this list are not written against any person. My problem is not an interpersonal problem, but a technical question, and I try to find a good answer to it.

Holger