On Thu, 17 Dec 2009, ik wrote:

You need to bind the embedded API for it, and the rest is the same. You act
like it's a server.
I haven't done it myself, only read about it in the Firebird's source
documentation :)

All it takes (if you use sqldb) is 1 statement in a unit initialization or
program startup code:

uses ibase60dyn; // must be there

Begin
  UseEmbeddedFirebird:=True;

That's it.

Michael.

Ido

http://ik.homelinux.org/

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 8:35 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.li...@gmail.com>
wrote:
      Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

      > I use firebird embedded. Fast, reliable, easily installed and
      > much more powerful as sqlite.

What is required to use firebird embedded? I know about it, but never
looking into it.

We have an application we need to distribute with minimal install and
thought of firebird embedded, but I haven't had a chance to read up on it.
Any pointers or URL's, wiki pages I can look at?

Regards,
 - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/