All,
I'm writing a TurboVision App to cross compile to Linux - but debugging on my
main Win32 box.

In this app; I'm attempting to use the TFPTimer component to trigger an event
every 1000ms. I can't get the bugger to compile; despite google searches and a
lot of experience in Delphi.

The compiler always seems to throw an error simular to:

TVBOOT.PAS(52,20) Error: Incompatible types: got "<procedure variable type of
procedure(TObject) of object;Register>" expected "CLASSES.<procedure variable
type of procedure(TObject) of object;Register>"

I began by using the advice of Graeme in the post:
http://readlist.com/lists/lists.freepascal.org/fpc-pascal/0/3897.html

I know this is simple compiler gymnastics; but I just can't seem to figure it
out.
John

uses
CRT,App,Objects,Menus,Drivers,Views,Dialogs,
fpTimer;

type
 TBootApp = object(TApplication)
 private
  aTimer : TfpTimer;
 protected
  constructor Init;
  destructor Done; virtual;
  procedure InitStatusLine; virtual;
  procedure HandleEvent(var Event: TEvent); virtual;
  procedure Idle; virtual;
  function NewDialog : word;
 public
  procedure TimerTimer( Sender : TObject );
 end;
 PDemoDialog = ^TDemoDialog;
 TDemoDialog = object(TDialog)
 end;

var
 BootApp : TBootApp;
 Dialog  : PDemoDialog;
 DoDialog : Boolean;

constructor TBootApp.Init;
BEGIN
 aTimer := TFPTimer.Create(nil);
 aTimer.Interval := 500; //ms
 aTimer.Enabled := False;
 aTimer.OnTimer := @TimerTimer;   //compiler barfs <<<---- here!
END;

destructor TBootApp.Done;
BEGIN
 ATimer.Free;
END;

procedure TBootApp.TimerTimer( Sender : TObject );
BEGIN
END;