I'm cross developing a program in free pascal running FreeVision. When running
under Linux / Busybox; I'm attempting to mount a device to scan it for a set of
files. Since I'm running a TUI (Text User Interface); I cannot have the BusyBox
mount command printing failure information to the screen where it corrupts the
TUI. The pascal code:

Exec( '/bin/mount', '/dev/'+ aline +' /media/' + aline + ' &> /dev/null');

When running:

Exec( '/bin/mount', '/dev/'+ aline +' /media/' + aline );

I see "device busy" STDERR messages appear on the screen. However, when I try
to redirect using the ' &> /dev/null' it appears as tho the BusyBox executable
is being passed ' &> /dev/null' as a parameter and isn't taking it as the
appropriate redirection command.

I tried the following kludge instead:

var

OurPipe    : Text;

         popen( OurPipe, '/bin/mount /dev/'+ aline +' /media/' + aline, 'R');
         Try
             if (fpgeterrno=0) then Flush (OurPipe)
             ELSE MessageBox ('mount pipe error ' + IntToStr(fpgeterrno), nil,
                  mfError or mfOKButton);
         Finally
             PClose( OurPipe );
         END;

however, I'm getting an Accessviolation. unsure if I'm even going down the
right path.

Any other suggestions?