If you are doing this in Lazarus by default you are creating a GUI
application, so any writeln will raise an error as stdout is closed.

I am not using lazarus,  I am using PSPad, gedit, jedit, notepad, etc..
I just wanted to know is whether you can write the source code using UTF8.
In linux this simple program, it compiles and runs, but in windows vista bussines is not possible.
The problem appears only when using UTF8 own characters, like accented "o".

Example: "camión", with accent at failure, but "camion" without an accent, not the failure occurs