Am Sunday 02 May 2010 19:29:36 schrieb Graeme Geldenhuys:
> On 2 May 2010 17:17, Marcos Douglas <m...@delfire.net> wrote:
> > I need to rewrite a Desktop app, coded in Delphi 7, to Web. The
>
> Some reasons:
>  * Free Pascal is open source (always available and no vendor lock-in)
>  * Free Pascal is free, so can always use latest version at NO cost.
>  * Previous skills from Delphi 7 project can be reused. No need to retrain
>    developers. Saving 1000's in cost.
>  * Previous business domain code can be reused. Saving hundreds of hours
>    in development time.
>  * No runtime or VM is required to run apps (unlike PHP, C# or Java).
>  * Development tools are free and again open source.

Here is a Web Server programmed entirely in Freepascal:
http://ip.klimaregelung.de/ip.php?action=connect&benutzercode=Stratmann
No Apache or PHP or something else.

Because it is a small embedded computer at home only 20 connections at a time
are possible. But it would be possible to expand with more powerful
computers.

I am HAPPY with Freepascal!